Behaviour & Rewards
The key to building positive behaviors and habits is through a strong and well deserved reward system. Here at Oasis Academy Nunsthorpe we believe that building our young people's esteem and and confidence through rewards is vital to creating a harmoneous and motivational learning environment.
What Kind Of Rewards Do We Use?
- Praise – verbal, written, sticker, friendly word or gesture, referral to another adult, community tokens, certificates, star of the week, purple power star and sent to Mr Lyall or other senior leaders.
- Special responsibility, privilege or trust.
- Informing parents – communicating good news whenever possible, sometimes a phone call and ‘good to be purple’ postcards home.
- Being an Anti-Bullying Ambassador or a Positive Behaviour Ambassador.
We expect children to:
- Be Respectful, Be Generous, Be Honest and Be a Learner.
- Work hard and to the best of their ability.
- Talk to each other and adults politely.
- Use calming and problem solving strategies
- Avoid disagreements and arguments and refer to an adult for help if necessary
- Walk when they are inside the building, play safely when outside.
- Accept responsibility for their own behaviour – and apologise if necessary.
- Arrive in the Academy on time each day. Show respect for others.
- Recognise and respect each other’s culture and background.
- Listen to each other carefully and try to see each other’s point of view.
- Respect their own and each other’s property and personal belongings.
- Be patient with others. Avoid disturbing people who are working.
- Respond appropriately to all adults.
- Look after the Academy building and equipment.
- Share resources and responsibilities.
- Concentrate on their own behaviour and not that of others.