Mr B Lyall is our Academy's Behaviour & Inclusion Manager, he is also a member of our Academy's Leadership Team. He works very hard, along with our student leaders to ensure that our academy stays an anti-bullying and inclusive school.
The definition of bullying
Most definitions of bullying have 3 things in common
- It is deliberately hurtful and intentional behaviour
- It is repeated over a period of time
- It is difficult for those being bullied to defend themselves
Behaviour by an individual or group usually repeated over time, that intentionally hurts another individual or group either physically or emotionally
DSCF "Safe To Learn: Embedding anti-bullying work in schools (2007)
At Oasis Academy Nunsthorpe we do not tolerate bullying. Any instances of bullying will be dealt with immediately and appropriate actions will be taken.
Want to know more about the specifics at Nunsthorpe?
- Anti-Bullying action flow chart
- OAN Behaviour For Learning Policy
- Anti-Bullying Policy
- Behaviour Flow Chart
- Bullying Leaflet for Children
- Is it Bullying?
- Anti-Bullying Pathway to Help
- Behaviour Procedures
- Procedures for Managing Incidents of Bullying
- Procedures for Responding to Incidents of Bullying
- Say No to Bullying, Information for Parents and Carers